Monday 5 May 2014

Fruit Cake!

Plate-based poetry - the subject of my muse!


Just before leaving Heydon Village Tea Shop the other day, I poked my head around the corner and thanked the proprietor/baker for the superlatively delicious cake I had just eaten, adding that, "this cake will inspire poetry." And, true to my word, it has! 


Fruit Cake!


I was destined to succumb
to the charms of the crumb
of the cake that Cindy baked
With a kiss blown
And a wish sown
To make raisons d'etre burst with flavour
And spices sing with a taste to savour

Listen up
Make no mistake
I'm having a moment
With this cake!


If you are interested in learning more about the place where such inspiration can be found, here are some of our reviews of the Heydon Village Tea Shop:

The Magic Ingredient is Love

In Conversation with Cindy

Huzzah!

2 comments: