Monday 16 June 2014

Huzzah for Heydon!










Members of The Ragged Society of Antiquarian Ramblers gathered at Heydon village on Sunday last for the open gardens event. As Our Reader will appreciate, we Ragged Ramblers seek to be inspired by our environment - and indeed we were. Here, then, are some of the things that we noticed as we explored the wonderful gardens...












And, of course, at the end of our perambulation we had an overwhelming urge to take tea. It just so happens that the wonderful Heydon Village Tea Shop was on hand to cater for our antiquarian appetites. Suffice it to say, much tea and delicious cake ensued*. Huzzah!

* A most curious thing occurred during our refreshments. I noticed a man with what appeared to be a welding mask peeping through the Tea Shop window. I have no idea what he was up to, and did not mention it to my colleagues for fear of perturbing them. 

4 comments:

  1. Marvellous stuff!! We love Heydon (& Heydon Tea Shop). A fascinating and wonderfully curious place. Pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to confess the welder was summoned to my aid due to an emergency that had arisen with regard to my corsets. A small matter of excess cake. A gentleman would have passed by on the other side . . .

      Delete
  2. on Thursday ,I too visited this wonderful tea shop and fell upon the cake table with trouser busting results!!! where I picked up the card about the Ragged Ramblers, what`s afoot? and how do I join? please advise.....anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,

      First of all, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. If you could email me at raggedrambler@gmail.com that would be the best way to proceed. In the meantime, I must say, your appreciation of the wonderful Heydon Village Tea Shop fulfils our first requirement of membership - namely, that a Ragged Rambler shall indulge in cake-based pleasures!

      Huzzah!
      ~ Munro Tweeder-Harris Esq ~

      PS I hope your trousers are repaired!

      Delete