Saturday 2 May 2015

Bells of Blue


Oh what a wonderful wander we had among the bells of blue at Stratton Strawless today. This open woods event is very dear to Ragged Ramblers' hearts, it traditionally being the curtain raiser to the Ramblers summer season. 

Oh what slabs of cake we consumed, so moist of crumb and delectable! What tea we sipped to slake our thirst. I bought a rubber pig and an old ink well with a lid resolutely rusted into place. I also acquired this small tome...


It's 'Norwich: a sketch book' by E.V. Cole. However, the owner has added this pleasing little ink drawing of Pull's Ferry - a lovely personal touch. There are also some little pencil studies in the marginalia...


For me, the only thing that soured the day slightly was the appallingly inappropriate behaviour of my solicitor, Tony Spunk. I won't sully your day by describing his antics and utterances. Instead, I shall dwell upon those bells so blue...


1 comment: